Sunday 11 September 2011

5th session complete

Last weekend, I decided not to do the 5th session, a lot of the hair was just completely gone, so when I began most areas felt like the zap wasn't really affecting them.

That might be something to do with hair phases growing slower, I just dont know. 

So I left it for a week, and over this last week I have seen some hair regrowth. As the hair regrowth after a week is just a few mm long, its not easy to know whether its finer, shorter, I guess I wont really have any conclusive results until I get to the 12th session.

Over the last month and a half though, I've had a relatively hair free chest and abdomen, which would have been roughly the same had I been to waxing salon. So perhaps, even if there is no permanent improvement over the next 12 weeks, perhaps this is viable alternative to waxing, or other epilation treatments, especially for women.

I imagine most women would prefer to just perform a treatment once a week, to stay hair free on that spot, without stubble for that week. After this two week gap, I was still relatively hair free, so who knows just how long the results of a session would be once you have a break from the treatment.

Anyway, I have just done session 5. I can definitely confirm the pain has gone down by at least 50% on some spots. I think this is because there are some patches of hair where no regrowth has appeared, so when the light descends down to the root, there is no pigment in the hair itself to absorb the light. 

However, there are some patches, particularly around the nipple area where the treatments have not managed to slow, or reduce the hair growth. 

Let me explain.

After a session, the following week or so alot of hair just falls out. Some are stubborn, if you pluck with your fingers it easily slides out from the skin. The dark, and thick hairs around the nipple are very stubborn. Over 4 treatments, these seemingly appear to be unaffected. Growing back as normal as they were before I shaved them down in preparation for the treatment.

Today I paid special attention to these areas, the pain when zapping them it quite intense, but that's good I presume, as the light is managing to permeate the pigment of the hair, and penetrate into the follicle.

After this treatment though, I dont feel as sore as before, so Ill try to post some pics up just before I start sessino 6 next week. Then I will be halfway to where I should be noticing some results. I dont intend to stop there though, I have worked out the 20000 flashes should allow me to go beyond 20 treatments on my chest and abdomen, so I may just do that. We shall see....

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your blog! I am really curious what the results are after further treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi matt, was trying to figure out how to email u, really curious how u got on with it? im just about to start week one on my chest and didnt know if u had any tips?

    ReplyDelete